Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1318 – Narrowband in Hubble Palette (sort of)

MickD

Started this a few weeks ago when I had some friends around for an astrophoto weekend. Have at last got around to processing it (sorry for the wait Neil....)

I always struggle with Hubble palette (as you can see), but I’ve stopped mucking about with it for a bit.

So details are:-

• Scope : WO FLT98 with 0.8 FR
  • CCD : Atik 383L
  • Guided with PHD on an EQ6
  • 17 x 10 mins Ha
  • 12 x 10 mins SII (bin 2)
  • 12 x 10 mins OIII (bin 2)

Calibrated, aligned & stacked in Nebulosity. Processed in Photoshop.

Far too much tweaking to try to get the colours looking OK.

Tried using this method http://bf-astro.com/hubblep.htm but getting the starting colour histogram to look right was a real challenge.

Oh well may go back to it one day.

Mick

post-6056-0-82054800-1349208934_thumb.jp

That's a fantastic result Mick, definitely one to be proud of but I know exactly what you mean about the Hubble pallet. It could be a little more golden... but its very subjective and I certainly like your version. Sometimes these images get pushed a little too hard from a colour point of view. It seems to be all down to processing with the selective colour control in Photoshop... and the person preference / eyes.

I'm ready jealous of both your location and obsy, what's the next target?

Are well, I'll solve my jealous issue this Saturday since I'm off to the TAK shop here in Japan ;-)) Don't tell the wife..!

Let's hope Matt (Slipperysquid) doesn't see this post and doesn't grass me up!!!

Archived