Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Red LED GloTorch

Has anyone got/used one of these Red LED GloTorch

http://www.telescopeplanet.co.uk/ViewProdDetails.asp?prod_code=PON03L000002

I know FLO used to sell them but they have disappeared from his website.

I'm after a torch suitable for searching in my toolbox for eyepieces and being able to illuminate a sketch pad whilst observing.

Any advice appreciated.

Brian.

Good advice Beamish, I use an old hillwalking headtorch, with 4 layers of red cellophane between the LEDs and the front. It cost almost nothing to adapt and works a treat. Give me both hands free too - or should that be all four hands, having just read the thread on the "Peruvian Meteorite".

Tom

I use an old hillwalking headtorch, with 4 layers of red cellophane between the LEDs and the front. It cost almost nothing to adapt and works a treat. Give me both hands free too - or should that be all four hands, having just read the thread on the "Peruvian Meteorite".

Tom

Snap ! 9.99 from Wilkinsons dual white/red led's and an absolute doddle to convert to all red with the cellophane. I initially used the rear cycle lights too ! Oooh that makes me feel a lot better. Wilko's also do these fab white led torches on a swivel key-fob for 50p !!! Again simple to convert by borrowing the wife's nail varnish !

Cheers guys

Karlo

I use a bicycle tail light to illuminate my accessory tray, and I have both a two colour LED light, and a maglite which came with a rubber fitting designed to prevent the light from rolling off the table, but which also nicely holds a piece of red cellophane over the lens. I also replaced the lens of a 6v lanterns with a piece of the cellophane made for covering a laptop screen. It throws a red beam like a police car!

One of the great advantages of lunar astronomy is that it doesn't matter if you use a white light, you're not going to hurt your eyesight for looking at the moon.

er hem !!

I don't wear eyeshadow any more !! Though I have been known to paint my toe-nails once or twice. ;):wink: That Petzel looks remarkably like the ones I got from Wilkinsons for under a tenner!(Energiser) There easy enough to convert to all red with cellophane (just in case you forget which way to flick the switch !!).

Karlo :(

Archived