Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cygnus wide field from Kelling Heath

Here is the first of picture taken from this years Autumn Kelling Heath Star Party. On Saturday I picked up an Astrotrac in the Astroboot and decided to put it through it's paces on Saturday night. I took a series of 4 minute subs. Unfortunately the dew heater power supply became unplugged and I only ended up with two subs of Cygnus that weren't dewed up. :-(.

Despite the low number of subs, I'm really pleased with the end result. I pushed the processing quite hard, possibly a bit too much - what do you think? Too much?

post-586-0-67187000-1348781695_thumb.jpg

That is fantastic for just two subs - you must be pleased with your purchase. You have the stars sharply focused.

I ran HLVG through it to reduce the green but your processing seems fine. Now with say 3 hours of data that would be an absolute cracker.

Dave

That is fantastic for just two subs - you must be pleased with your purchase. You have the stars sharply focused.

I ran HLVG through it to reduce the green but your processing seems fine. Now with say 3 hours of data that would be an absolute cracker.

Thanks for the hint about running HLVG on the image, it makes a positive difference.

post-586-0-65204000-1348793728_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived