NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

looking to replace 2 eyepieces any ideas ?

chesty

looking to replace my panaview 38 mm and hyperion 13mm with 2 eyepieces one for widefield and one around 10-12 mm both ep,s i want to be 1.25 want to spend roughly the same as what i have already spent on these 2 (which i am just not getting on with) in my 200p flextube auto any ideas guys ?

Well with the panaview I am just not getting clear views and I don't want to keep changing to 2inch adapter and with the Hyperion I don't like eyecup and not as good as I had hoped for and yea budget about 180

yea i was thinking of the televues, they were what i was originaly going to get but was swayed by all the rave reviews of the hyperions and the panaviews i guess they are just not for me.i think i could possibly sell my 2 and have enough for a couple of second hand tv,s or maybe give the x-cel,s a try

Tele Vue eyepieces are all tested to work well down to F/4 so they should work well. The eye relief will get tight as the focal length reduces with the plossls though but as the 2 eyepieces you are not so keen on have long eye relief perhaps you would get on better with shorter eye relief eyepieces.

I think the challenge here is that, while they are not perfect eyepieces, many folks might have suggested a Panaview and a Hyperion for use in your scope !.

Lets not start buying and selling equipment in this thread folks.

In what way do you not think you are getting the best from your scope ?

The Panaviews and Hyperions should show you what it can deliver - maybe there are other issues, eg: collimation, cooling, light pollution etc ?

The Panaviews and Hyperions should show you what it can deliver - maybe there are other issues, eg: collimation, cooling, light pollution etc ?

your right john i do apologise :smiley:

no prob with cooling always cooled down for an hour or so, collimation could be an issue but i think i have that sorted got a laser collimator and think i have the hang of it now. before i got the 2 said ep,s i bought a 32mm ep off here no name on paid £10 for it it looked like a skywatcher and i had better clearer views through it than i do the panaview and the hyperion i just dont like the eyecup and everything through it looks kinda green :confused:

Archived