Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

multiple universe

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To my mind, nothing would survive entering a black hole. Even if there was an exit, which I doubt. There is reputedly a black hole at the centre of our own galaxy, which on occasion, goes on an eating spree, devouring material at a rate of knots. When it is satiated, it goes quiet

I believe this has been observed to happen, although I am not certain. If this par behaviour for a black hole, the I for one would not want to use it as a mode of travel. I guess the worm hole theory is the one I like best, but I don't think you would have any say as to where you would like your destination to be. ;)

This subject is a science fiction writers dream you know. I am surprised no one has come up with a story that could be quite plausible, and not utterly ludicrous. Think of the rewards that would bring you, when Spielberg got hold of it.

Any budding Sci- Fi writers on SGL ?

Ron. :wink:

thanks for your comments. and hello all.

no what i mean is if there are black hole that link us to other universes the other end (the other other universe) of the black hole would look different as it would not be consuming it would be throwing things out ,so on our side if the black holes are a passage way then our universe should have a black hole and a reverse black hole or what ever you would call them doing the opposite and throwing things out. hope i am making sense.

john

About the only theory I reckon is right is the one about the conservation of matter i.e. matter can turn to energy and vice versa but a balance is kept.

If black holes are absorbing huge quantities of matter and energy and if it has to go somewhere and if we can't assume that its released as hot air from politicians then how about gamma ray bursts?. We just have to hope that a gamma ray burst doesn't suddenly happen anywhere near our galaxy...

James

thanks for your comments. and hello all.

no what i mean is if there are black hole that link us to other universes the other end (the other other universe) of the black hole would look different as it would not be consuming it would be throwing things out ,so on our side if the black holes are a passage way then our universe should have a black hole and a reverse black hole or what ever you would call them doing the opposite and throwing things out. hope i am making sense.

john

I think you are assuming that a black hole has a mouth and a rectum, and I hope you will pardon the very crude analogy. I don't think they work like that, I am sure there are no exit points. But, for clarification, you would probably get a better answer from Stephen Hawkin, unless we have an expert on the subject here on SGL. Whilst I love to discuss this particular subject, anything I say about it, will only be pure speculation, and I will always bow to greater knowledge.

Ron.

You see thats the thing Ron.

Even if Stephen Hawkin said anything on the subject, that too would only be speculation...

Perhaps you are right Jamie, but I know anything Prof. Hawking would say on the subject, would be measured, and built on years of constructive thought and calculation. My comments have to be taken with a very small pinch of salt.

As much as I am fond of this particular subject, my knowledge of it, it pretty grim. But I stoke the fire, just in case something comes of it, that will increase my knowledge a tiny bit more. ;)

:wink:

i have a question if anyone can answer for me. When people say that it could be possible for black holes to link us to other universes, where are the ones coming the other way ie not sucking everything in but thowing out

A reversed Black Hole! Now there's thought to conjure with. Not by me though! I can't imagine the reverse of a common or garden hole let alone a 'Black' one! Bit like an inside out bottle! :scratch:

Maybe one universes Black Hole is another's Big Bang! :shock:

CW

what some physicists are saying now is that back holes could link us to multiple universes, that each universe is a bubble. and my question is i wonder if they will find the door way to ours as if our black hole lead us to another universe then we should eventually find the the reverse black hole linking that universe to ours.

If Black Holes were the cruise liners of the Multi Universe Tourist they would,as I see it,be on a oneway trip. I imagine them, the 'Holes' that is, as a sought of series of deadlock doors that once your through close and lock behind you. There would be no return that way to your universe and the 'door' would not be apparent to those whose universe you were visiting. Rather an Alice in Wonderland experience. The trick would be to find the 'door' in the universe being visited that would pop you back into existence in your own! Weird!

On the whole Costa del Thingy is probably a safer choice! ;)

CW

Assuming an alternate universe occupies the same space as ours, but in a different dimension, a black hole is theorized to be a possible gateway between the two. The BH will have the same characteristics in both universes. If you approach the BH on a trajectory that brings you close enough to gain incredible speeds, but not fall in, there's a theoretical possibility you could be "spun off", as an energy jet would, and end up in the other universe rather than ours.

BTW, BH's don't "suck", vacuums do. 8)

Archived