Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first moon picture.... with my mobile phone!

Sir Roderic Spode

On about the my telescopes 3rd time out of the box, I was doing some lunar gawping and thought even though I heard that astrophotography was this ridiclously complicated art, involving expensive cameras

and computer software, I figured why not try just taking a pic with my mobile.

After 10 mins of trying to line the camera up with the eyepiece, and getting the focus right....... ( was a pain) he is the end result! And I was really impressed, I know its nothing compared to some of the amazing shots taken

on here, but not bad for a first picture :D

Telescope : Celestron Nexstar 8SE

Camera : Samsung Galaxy S2 8MP Camera

post-25547-0-39842700-1347129063_thumb.j

well done man,

to be honest I do the same....you should find some samples in my gallery.

Using this method you should be able to image saturn and jupiter as well, it is a long process and to try to get those odd shots which will give you the actual satisfaction, so a lot of patience required.

Even though it took me ages to get a shaprish image out of any object, I enjoyed every second of the challenge and still do as I try to get an even better image out of it. Moon surface same thing. DSO I have tried but its just way too faint for this method, you will need a bright object to use this method.

There are even image editing software about where you be able to do a little hocus pocus with the images to bring out the details, I have not tried this properly yet.

Archived