NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My First Orion Plus Other Objects & Jupiter Woes.

tich

Well this has been my first all nighter since starting this amazing hobby. I was determined to have a go at Orion so a dozen or so coffee's later I managed to capture some images. The moon was washing it out a bit plus the usual light pollution then the fact daylight was beginning to follow so it was all a bit of a rush to get but I'm happy with them being a single unprocessed shot. All the images are still unguided as I'm having issues getting the guiding to work on my setup. Oh to have a fellow imager who lives nearby to kick my setup into submission to work LOL.

IMG_3196.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

I also managed to get Plaides during the night too for the first time.

IMG_3176.jpg

I also managed to tease a little more detail from Andromeda although the light polution was spoiling this one. I know I could improve things using a filter but at the minute the only way I can fit one is screwing one to an old barlow lens & mountinh the T mount adapter to it but then I have the problem of not being able to focus it aaargh!!!

IMG_3054.jpg

A 90 second sub of the Ring nebula.

IMG_3022.jpg

A 90 second sub of the Dumbell Nebula.

IMG_3031.jpg

I love this hobby!!! :grin:

Thanks everyone just a shame that when I tried to image jupiter via the Philips webcam the final image was awful & I don't understand why. I'll have another go another time with it & see if I can sort it. I have been messing around with a couple of pictures in GIMP although I'm not sure if i like the finished images. I'll post them soon to see what you all think of them.

Archived