Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

To set up, or not to set up???

DaveGarland

I'll be sticking a scope out. It only takes a few mins to put one out and you can never tell exactly what is going to happen. The Moon and Jupiter last night were pretty spectacular so I'd like a re-match if possible :smiley:

I leave my EQ3-2 set up pretty much all the time, suitably protected from the elements. I left the Mak on it from this morning's lunar imaging session so I could try some solar imaging later in the day, but it's been a similar story of hazy high cloud here. If it looks like clearing a bit later then I'll put the dob outside as well.

James

I've just look at the met cloud forcast and I won't be bothering. If only I had got an obsy sorted - but I'm not spending 45 minutes setting up to have to spend 15 minutes taking I all back down again half an hour later looking at that forcast.

I've just been out for a "sky check". It's still hazy, but I can make out the Milky Way even without dark-adapted eyes so it can't be too bad. I shall be going out as soon as my wife has gone to bed and I can turn off all the house lights.

James

Archived