Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stupidest thing you have done to date

Sirius Bizness

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spent 30 minutes rebooting and restarting EQMOD as it wasn't controlling the mount. I could "see" the USB-to-serial under Com ports, but no mount. Kept moving the USB cable to other ports to try and get a different COM port.

About to give up in frustration and went out to the mount. The EQDIR was plugged into the USB lead.....but was the EQDIR plugged into the mount? Nope.

double-facepalm.jpg

Woohoo!!! Finally got something to add to this thread.

Last night, end of session, undid screw on weight on the counter balance arm, slid weight down the arm, hadn't removed bolt at the end of the arm.

Net result - finger tip of ring finger of left hand now alarmingly blue & with a blood blister the size of Uranus.

I thank you.

Naked eye Uranus for ya. Ouch! I always slide the counterweights to the very end so that the bolt is hidden away in the counterweight holes. When I'm done with observing and am packing the toys it keeps me alert that I have to also unscrew the bolt at the end of shaft.

just got back from the Herchels museum went to put memory card from camera in comp (whilst feeling happy i hadn't lost or broken it due to it not being mine)and dropped it in coffee says card error so gutted,see if an our on radiator will help,

Archived