Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

which reducer/flattener for equinox 80

One of these gives good results (and look identical to the WO ones that retail at about twice the price)

http://www.firstligh...-flattener.html

Its a flattener only.

Here is a single sub (much reduced in size) using the SW flattener on my Equinox 80:

6a8d4eb6.jpg

I have just picked up a TRF-2008 reducer/flattenr which will take the 'scope to f5. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, though. They are a LOT more expensive though...£260 new.

The SW F/F is dedicated to the ED80 so is the recommended route to take ,

I hope this is the case seeing as how I've just got one myself . . . :p

Steve.

Skywatcher make two F/F. One for the f7.5 ED80 and one for the f6.25 Equinox 80. They are not interchangeable. Luckily, the one for the Equinox is about £70, the one for the ED80 is £165

I have an equinox 80 to and tha

thanks guy's for the info, if i want to image with equinox 80 native f6.2 then get the SW flattener but if i need to speed the equinox up to f5 then i will need the trf 2008 as there is no other focal reducer/flattener that will work, am i right.

I have an equinox 80 also and this is what I have come up with as well.

The Televue TRF2008 will work perfectly with the Equinox 80 and the Canon 1100d. It will flatten the field to all its extent, to the very edge of it. I know, since this is the combination I use for astroimaging. I also own the Skywatcher flattener - is is mediocre. If you were to use a camera with a smaller chip (say, an Atik 314) it would have been fine. But with a dSLR it is inadequate.

Archived