Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

i would love to meet...

nickdud

...Sir Patrick Moore,

the man who on tv showed me the stars, the moon landings(i'm only 44 so was only 1 when it happened), he continues to educate me and inspire me to look up and NEVER seems to assume i should know everything he talks about.

he is of course a living legend.

... i would also love to meet the great n leggy John Cleese, but only to ask... "how many 'takes' did Lance Percival need in life of brian when biggus dickus was mentioned?" ..oh yea, and also to tell him how funny his mum was when she thought my mate was pulling a lift out of the lift doors(i was on the roof with lifting gear lowering it as he guided it out of the door)

your turn folks...

Have had the pleasure to meet SPM a couple of times and had a look through his 15" scope and you are right he is a legend he has some great stories to tell and he might be 89yrs old but his brain is as sharp as ever, had my picture taken with him at his house that I use as my profile picture and will treasure it always :smiley:

The first time I met SPM was quite a surreal experience as he walked into a lecture theatre (Thomas Bopp was going to talk about his famous comet discovery) and started selling raffle tickets. I was just about to start studying Physics and Astrophysics at undergrad and after 5 minutes of chatting to him, he gave me his telephone and said I should call and come round. Quite a first meeting!

Archived