An old one improved.

ollypenrice

Having recently imaged the Heart in our Tak and the Soul in the Altair 80 I decided to blend the new data onto an old widefield. You have to do this judiciously or the extra detail looks out of place, so the overlays peak at about 33 percent opacity but they do improve the two main nebulae even so. Comet Hartley is the mystery object at the bottom, east of the Double Cluster...

Olly

HEARTLEY-HEART-FINAL-XL.jpg

When asked recently what my fantasy telescope was, I was in the unusual position of being able to point to it and say, 'That one.' The Baby Q. My fantasy would be to have three and three full frame cameras to do ultra wide mosaics fast. On a Mesu Mount 200 needless to say!

The only thing wrong with the FSQ85 is the price. In other respects it's perfect.

Olly

Splendid work Olly!

That Altair 80/480 you have, is that the TS 80/480 with a different paint job?

Its just that ive been eyeing one of these up and wondered what your honest opinion of them was. Also, do you think they would need a flattener for a 285 sized chip?

Rob

Archived