NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cheap, good 2" eyepieces!

Stormwatch

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190124863691&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=009

These look like the Rigel ones which were very favourably reviewed in AN recently. I own the 26mm version and love it. The 38mm ones, like this one, go for £60 from Ian King and elsewhere, but this guy has them buy it now for £50.

Here's the best bit - I made an offer of £34, not realising they were £60 from retailers, and the guy accepted it! He has three left, so try your luck if you need a nice low power 2" EP!

I've bought stuff from the guy before and he's reliable.

I'm well chuffed at this purchase!

I had one of those from that chap for about the same as you got it for - great eyepiece for the money very nicely made and as you say the same as the Rigel version and I believe the Orion (US) Q70 version which costs a lot more £'s.

Mine was a lot nicer than the Revelation 2 inchers that Telescope House do/did in both build and performance.

They are BIG eyepieces though and pretty heavy so you need to take into account for scope balance etc.

John

As far as I can tell, they are the same as the Rigel and at £35 they are a steal, particularly when you consider how difficult it is at the moment to obtain the Rigel version ;)

Yep, the box, little blue cleaning cloth and EP itself all look identical to the 26mm Rigel one I got from Ian King Imaging.

On that "little blue cleaning cloth" - why do they put them in the box? I assume they SHOULD NOT be used to clean any EPs or lenses?

Ha ha, well at least someone in your family got a bargain! ;)

Aha - but i bid £34 for a 2" barlow and got it - so it looks like it's a scrap for scope time - hee hee

Excellent! I told the guy I'd mentioned his stuff on here, and that he might get some extra business out of it. Maybe I should be on commission, although considering his low prices, I don't know how HE'S making any money!

Ha ha, well at least someone in your family got a bargain! ;)

Aha - but i bid £34 for a 2" barlow and got it - so it looks like it's a scrap for scope time - hee hee

Excellent! I told the guy I'd mentioned his stuff on here, and that he might get some extra business out of it. Maybe I should be on commission, although considering his low prices, I don't know how HE'S making any money!

Storm, ive used him before, names Alan, good bloke and good service. :thumbup:

His site is Skys the Limit, http://www.skysthelimit.homecall.co.uk/

SWMBO just let me know that this has arrived already :wink:

That's a pretty fast service.............I hope the EP is as good :(

Yours Roy

Mine came today as well, and it looks in perfect condition so I'm well chuffed! ;) The guy, ALan, that runs the business asked me to post about his "Orient Express" service so here's a link:

http://www.hertsastro.homecall.co.uk/page8.html

Take a look, you might well find something you need cheap.

Again, I have to reiterate I'm nothing to do with this business, just thought the prices were very good.

Archived