Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Power for dew strips

Hi all,

I'm going to be buying some dew strips for my scope, but I'm struggling to find out how to power them.

All the manufactures have the controllers, but at the end of all the controller boxs are cigaret connectors. As my scope is in the garden I use an extension lead, so everything is mains powered. Are there any adapters that run of the mains available?

Cheers

I think that has a fan in it so is not totally silent. There are plenty on the web so just do a bit of googling. Camping outlets often have them to power portable camping stuff like cool boxes etc so they are a good bet.

I use this from maplins, maybe a bit expensive at £89 but you wont run short of power. You can probably find a cheaper psu if you don't want to pay that much

http://www.maplin.co.uk/30a-13.8v-switching-power-supply-509268

cigarette socket on the front for dew strip controller and binding posts at the back for mount (also has spring clips at front),

I run an orange caravan extension to bottom of garden then psu goes inside one of those water proof boxes, it has a fan but I can't hear it

• 4 weeks later...

Archived