NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter & Moons Aug 10th final process.

Space Cowboy

Taken a bit more time with these. First image the avi was run through PIPP before stacking in AS!2.

2nd image shows both Ganymede and Europa (no PIPP used). Both images are from 3000 stacks using 1.5x Drizzle in AS!2.

Original capture taken at f26 Auto Dob 250 & DFK.

gallery_4016_230_21112.png

gallery_4016_230_29129.png

Looking good Stuart. Would it be worth doing a blue left on reg 6. Another way to help this, if you do a rgb split on image analyzer go to the blue image. go to colour mapper drop the blacks by 5 or 6. ( you will have to experiment ) then combine rgb. The blue image will be shrunk slighlty. As blacks shrinks the edge. It can often help. i do it a lot now

Great images Stuart. I have been following with interest all the great early images of Jupiter being posted on the site, if only my stupid house was not in the way of the eastern horizon I would be joining in!

Cheers,

Chris

Looking good Stuart. Would it be worth doing a blue left on reg 6. Another way to help this, if you do a rgb split on image analyzer go to the blue image. go to colour mapper drop the blacks by 5 or 6. ( you will have to experiment ) then combine rgb. The blue image will be shrunk slighlty. As blacks shrinks the edge. It can often help. i do it a lot now

Thanks Neil. Reducing blue seems to bring on a slightly yellow tint in the whites so I prefer the extra blue I think. I do use colour mapper a lot dropping black to produce a cleaner background. I always try "auto colour correction" then "luminance plain" to show whether the background is noisy.

Thanks Kirkster! Yes there is detail on Ganymede which I did not expect at this early stage but when seeing is very stable anything is possible.

Thanks James! I'd tried several early mornings without success but this has made the frustration worth while lol

I agree Rob there is little difference. When seeing is this consistent quality selection is not as important and AS!2 is so darn good!

Cheers Chris! Can't you mount the C14 on your roof?? :shocked: I'm sure you will be wowing us all later on with that beast. :smiley:

Thanks Starnut!

Thanks Neil. Reducing blue seems to bring on a slightly yellow tint in the whites so I prefer the extra blue I think. I do use colour mapper a lot dropping black to produce a cleaner background. I always try "auto colour correction" then "luminance plain" to show whether the background is noisy.

Thanks Kirkster! Yes there is detail on Ganymede which I did not expect at this early stage but when seeing is very stable anything is possible.

Thanks James! I'd tried several early mornings without success but this has made the frustration worth while lol

I agree Rob there is little difference. When seeing is this consistent quality selection is not as important and AS!2 is so darn good!

Cheers Chris! Can't you mount the C14 on your roof?? :shocked: I'm sure you will be wowing us all later on with that beast. :smiley:

Thanks Starnut!

Yes it does. but once shrunk. raising blue restores it ive found but without the blue edge

heres a example. dont be fooled by the change of colour on the edge. this has to happen because the excess blue is now reduced. if you look in the centre of the planet. infact the colour balance has hardly changed. i dropped blacks on mapper ( analyzer ) by 9 i often use about 6. as the least amount is better. but the blue on the edge is quite strong here, I then did a auto colour balance on reg 6. then raised the blue channel a bit on analyzer untill i saw the colour in the centre of the planet match up. But your right without doing this additional stuff it can lower the overall blue a bit. sorry i should have mentioned this. But as you can see. this technique does reduce the edge blue problem quite a lot. dont forget this was just a quick guess by me. if you think it needs a little more blue. more can be added. but its pretty close to my eyes. It actually looks like a rgb align down and left blue is needed to me. but i tried this too often it will shift the blue problem to the other side a little. but removed the right blue completly

7765594844_6efa4143c3_o.png

Nice idea Stuart! Though it does sound like the kind of plan that would see me winning a Darwin award... I don't think I will have much longer to wait until it clears the house, though I am wondering if I could catch it as it passes the small gap between my house and and my neighbour's house. You have got to love urban astronomy!

Cheers,

Chris

Archived