What is it called?

Hope I am not being too vague but I have just purchased an orion starshoot camera for planetary and solar pictures. There is, I believe, a piece of equipment which allows the camera to attach to the eyepiece and the viewer can also look through the eyepiece at the same time. A kind of splitter. Can you tell me what it is called and give me any idea on e reasonably priced one for someone just venturing into astro photography. (I am in the UK )

My scope is a Celestron Nexstar 6se with a home made solar filter (baader AstroSolar safety film) , a Baader UV/IR Blocking filter and a Baader Solar continuum filter for use at the eyepiece end for solar photography, and a variable lunar filter and four colour filters for lunar and planetary photography.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Tony (oobydooby)

I think faulksy is probably right. A flip mirror. It doesn't allow you to use an eyepiece and camera concurrently, but you can use one or the other without having to remove either.

James

I think faulksy is probably right. A flip mirror. It doesn't allow you to use an eyepiece and camera concurrently, but you can use one or the other without having to remove either.

James

god im good :grin:

Archived