NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M27 - retry

Advertise

Hi Everybody!

I decided to try and capture M27 again, but with more than 10 30sec subs.

Also wanted to try my new Astronomik CLS filter. Tried it on M51 but nothing really good came out of that (except darker skies). :)

I only good 1 hour imaging before the clouds rolled in. Would have wanted 1 extra hour of data. :)

So here it is.

61x30sec, Alt-Az. Canon 1100D.

20 darks/flats and Bias.

post-20354-0-61616500-1343523049_thumb.j

Any comments & tips are very welcome.

Cheers!

Ahh yes. All my pics have bloated stars I think.

Will be more careful next time and bring my laptop and see if I can get a better focus and try to eliminate that cause atleast.

But I think the biggest reason is my lousy editing and scope. Or rather a healthy mix of all 3. :p

Yes - I have been cursed on some nights with focus such

that I now check every frame on the laptop at full magnification in each corner

& the middle to make sure there is nothing wrong.

Of course that also gives me something to do while I'm waiting for the next shot to be completed.

I got my first image of M27 last night and the shape and colours were amazing but I have to say that my favourite planetary nebula so far is the ring nebula M57 because It's full of colour and it looks amazing. My favourite star cluster is M11, the wild duck cluster, as there are so many stars it was amazing. I have now got images of M11, M13, M27, M31, M51 and M57.

Love your picture by the way, very clear and I can't see much wrong with the focus considering how far the object is from us, you've done a blumming good job there!

Archived