Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

this battery for powering my scope?

I know you have already decided on it so this is just to confirm it will be fine with the GOTO mount. The only thing to remember is to keep it fully charged as they do seem prone to dying if you run them down. I charge mine after every use and at least once a month if I haven't used it.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you have already decided on it so this is just to confirm it will be fine with the GOTO mount. The only thing to remember is to keep it fully charged as they do seem prone to dying if you run them down. I charge mine after every use and at least once a month if I haven't used it.

thanks pal will make sure i charge it after every use!!! :D i take care of all my stuff if it costs £10 or £1000 i take care with everything, thanks again, i hope i get a good one and it lasts a while :)

edit, very nice link there gary!!! i get it now

Be careful with the cable you get to connect the pack to your mount. The AZ GOTO mount has a slightly different socket to other mounts and needs a longer plug. You can see on some of the packaging from the links above that AZ GOTO is not mentioned and although they will appear to work initially the connection can come loose which means you need to reset the mount and start again. This also affects the Celestron mounts. I got mine from FLO who do one specifically for the Skwatcher AZ GOTO to ensure you get a constant power supply. http://www.firstligh...ron-mounts.html

Sorry to thread-jack here, just dont want to be starting a new thread for the same sort of questions all the time.

Been following this thread as im looking to get a goto scope soon and wanting a power supply for it rather than chewing through batteries whenever im away from home and not using a mains supply.

Am i right in thinking one just needs a leisure battery with a cigar-lighter or 3 pin socket on it that plugs into the battery and then into the scope?

Sorry to thread-jack here, just dont want to be starting a new thread for the same sort of questions all the time.

Been following this thread as im looking to get a goto scope soon and wanting a power supply for it rather than chewing through batteries whenever im away from home and not using a mains supply.

Am i right in thinking one just needs a leisure battery with a cigar-lighter or 3 pin socket on it that plugs into the battery and then into the scope?

Yeah, pretty much that is all you need. All the Celestron, Skywatcher and Meade goto scopes I am aware of use 12V DC, so a leasure battery and a fool proof way to connect it in the dark is all you need. Oh, and a charger for said battery.

Gary

Archived