Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Arrived!!!!!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Dunk, Mine has 2x5kg ones in the main mount/tripod box and then there is a separate box with another weight in. The Celestron instructions don't mention a third weight and the CG5 is only designed to be loaded up to a certain amount. I have started reading the instructions and it says that you have to balance the whole lot by sliding the weights back and forth until you reach equilibrium. If your C11 balances with 2 then i'm sure my C9.25 will.

Hey Dunk, Mine has 2x5kg ones in the main mount/tripod box and then there is a separate box with another weight in. The Celestron instructions don't mention a third weight and the CG5 is only designed to be loaded up to a certain amount. I have started reading the instructions and it says that you have to balance the whole lot by sliding the weights back and forth until you reach equilibrium. If your C11 balances with 2 then i'm sure my C9.25 will.

SW didn't give me 3 weights with my EQ6, but a counterweight extension bar instead :confused: With the C11+stuff on board, I need to push the weights almost right to the end of the extension bar (although it isn't fully extended). The only way you'll know what is best is to try it unfortunately, unless someone else with a C9.25+CG5 chimes in. But yeah, slide the weights back and forth and see how it works out... if you can't get balance by the end of the bar, then add the 3rd. I'm a total klutz when it comes to this sort of thing, but found the balance point relatively easily, meaning only a couple of shuffles each way :D

Weather is looking semi-positive for tonight... I might have to go out and practice myself way before sunset, it's been so long I'm worried I've forgotten :eek:

Archived