NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I need some clouds (sleep)

Stevie816

It had been cloudy for so long, That I feel compelled to stay out now it is clear. For three nights now I have had no sleep. (packed away by 3:30 am but wide awake by 6, after years of getting up early I simply can't sleep in).

I have seen some amazing things the last three nights. ( have been following the thread on filters and tried an O111 on m27 and wow ! Mostly i find filters marginal except perhaps for M42. But m27 really came to life. So now I've bought a UHC filter to try.

From the last three nights M27, Uranus with it's lovely turquise hue and many of those southern messiers in the early southern sky.

whatever the weather I am staying in tonight and looking up all those messiers in Stephen James O,meara's book.

I have seen things 13 billion years old and others 70 million light years away (wow again)

After three nights i will try to stay in tonight, But Friday looks like rain so maybe I should go out again !

Steve

Having only had my scope a few weeks, this has been the first real chance of trying it out, so like you I've been out the past 3 nights. Bless the council for turning of the street lights at 1:20am - I had about 30 mins of DARK dark before being forced to retire to bed - at one point I think I fell asleep standing by my scope :shocked: when I was just looking at the wonderful star fields (manual dobsonian and a lack of experience = not very good yet at finding specific things!)

Enjoy whilst the clouds are on holiday!

I know how you feel, Steve. I've just come in after my fourth night out of five and my eyeballs are now completely useless. Got to keep going though. Our next decent spell of weather might not be until 2017.

James

Archived