Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Veil ngc6992

shaunster

Hello everyone, what with the glorious weather recently I have show the veil past 2 nights

This is probably my least favorite part of the veil complex but I haven't imaged this part before. It taken with my 314l+ and ZS70, guiding with qhy5 and ST80 on a HEQ5. Baader filters, its 10x1200s HA and 11x1200s O3. I have two versions, the first is a standard HOO (Ha/O3/O3) image, the second is a more exotic blend of Ha/O3+Ha/O3+Ha, I did it to create some different colour as im not a huge fan of strong reds in these images, after all I am the artist :)

new-try-X2.jpg

veil-false-colour-X2.jpg

Hope you like it and may this weather continue please :)

The exotic mix is very interesting. There's a faint and very thin line of Ha showing above and to the left and once again lower left.

It stands out more than in the RGB version. A very nice capture.

Dave.

The exotic mix is very interesting. There's a faint and very thin line of Ha showing above and to the left and once again lower left.

That thin line is what I was aiming for, it makes me want to give it more data. Thanks for noticing :)

Seeing the detail you've got has prompted me to do a bit more round there so thanks.

What ratio did you use in the Ha / [ O111 ] mix and was it the same for both the red and green channels ? I'm always ready to learn something as I don't understand how the [ O111 ] blue is still blue :)

Dave.

Archived