confused about how to input longitude into celestron...

Can anyone hekp,

I have my longitude -2.2365394 (-2 degrees 14'11.5404)

and latitude 51.6814509 (51 degrees 40'53.2236)

My celestron is asking me for this information but wants a set of 3 numbers first, then2 , then 2 and I havent got as far as lattitude yet...!!!!

Thanks Andy

Have you tried using -002?

we used the 002 and I think it worked.(thanks).The mount however when aligning was jerking (jittering) like mad during the slew to vega. Its a brand new celestron cgem dx. hmmmm

we used the 002 and I think it worked.(thanks).The mount however when aligning was jerking (jittering) like mad during the slew to vega. Its a brand new celestron cgem dx. hmmmm

Yes that would also work.

Jittery behaviour could be a balance issue or the clutches possibly. I'd try slewing with no scope or weights on to make sure.

Can anyone hekp,

I have my longitude -2.2365394 (-2 degrees 14'11.5404)

and latitude 51.6814509 (51 degrees 40'53.2236)

My celestron is asking me for this information but wants a set of 3 numbers first, then2 , then 2 and I havent got as far as lattitude yet...!!!!

Thanks Andy

Your coordinates should be entered as 002 14 W, 51 41 N

Peter

The mount however when aligning was jerking (jittering) like mad during the slew to vega. Its a brand new celestron cgem dx. hmmmm

Sounds like the same effect you get when trying to run the normal NextStar alt/az mount on it's own batteries. It doesn't work, you have to power the mount from an external source, one that can supply the required current without sagging..

Sounds like the same effect you get when trying to run the normal NextStar alt/az mount on it's own batteries. It doesn't work, you have to power the mount from an external source, one that can supply the required current without sagging..

Built a new power tank,,,http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/155962-power-tank-build-complete/...that more than supports the power. Martin from first light is on the case , I am trying again tonight to make sure I get the balancing correct and if it still doesnt work hes gonna swap it...

Andy

Built a new power tank,,,http://stargazerslou...build-complete/...that more than supports the power. Martin from first light is on the case , I am trying again tonight to make sure I get the balancing correct and if it still doesnt work hes gonna swap it...

Andy

I've got the CGEM DX and it definitely shouldn't judder... So long as you're sure you have adequate juice (and you should have with your home brew power tank, unless there is a dodgy connection) and it isn't crazily out of balance then it might be worth updating the motor controller firmware; latest updates and details of how to do this at http://www.nexstarsite.com/Firmware/CGEMFirmware.htm

Might be worth checking with FLO that they are happy for you to try this first...

I've got the CGEM DX and it definitely shouldn't judder... So long as you're sure you have adequate juice (and you should have with your home brew power tank, unless there is a dodgy connection) and it isn't crazily out of balance then it might be worth updating the motor controller firmware; latest updates and details of how to do this at http://www.nexstarsi...GEMFirmware.htm

Might be worth checking with FLO that they are happy for you to try this first...

Thanks for that, this will be useful info at some point I am sure. FLO is swapping the mount tomorrow with NO hassles as expected and with any luck the new one will be even more amazing....What a beast...love it.

Andy

Ps once again, Thanks to all and FLO.....

Archived