Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skymax 127 SynScan AZ GOTO Telescope

I have been considering one of these but I am not sure about maintenance. I have dobs which having watched tutorials on youtube I find the collimation ok. As these have more optics to stretch the focal length is collimation similar or more complex? Any answers appreciated.

richf

I have been considering one of these but I am not sure about maintenance. I have dobs which having watched tutorials on youtube I find the collimation ok. As these have more optics to stretch the focal length is collimation similar or more complex? Any answers appreciated.

richf

Unless someone has been tossing it around like a rugby ball you wont need to collimate the skymax ever! Its certainly a lot easier to manage than a Dob.

Hi Richf

Welcome to SGL.

I'm a total newbie to astronomy. I have a skymax 127 and have no problems. I find it very user friendly and very low maintenance. However I must bow down to Stuart's knowledge. He has already given me some useful hints and tips.

S-J

I have just got the same setup and love it. Very portable and seems very easy to set up. It is currenlty living on an ancient Dutch barge and suffering no problems. I have learnt you need a decent battery pack - about 10 Ah at least if you are going to do some setting up and a long viewing session.

Trying to decide which eyepieces to get though!

Davide

I've just got one, its great. I've seen a few good objects with it in 3 days. Stupid weather had it a month. It has made me late for work due too stopping out up the garden. See if ypu can have a look into one. Hope it works out.

Mike

Archived