NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Explore Scientific 82deg 24mm problem

MRAPO

There is a thin bright ring around the edge of the field of view of a number of ultra wide field designs including Naglers and UWAN's. It's known as the "ring of fire" but is only really apparent when these eyepieces are used in the daytime. It should only be a thin ribbon right around the edge of the eyepiece field stop though.

There is a thin bright ring around the edge of the field of view of a number of ultra wide field designs including Naglers and UWAN's. It's known as the "ring of fire" but is only really apparent when these eyepieces are used in the daytime. It should only be a thin ribbon right around the edge of the eyepiece field stop though.

your the man

ill beat someone if this man is not given a job with Explore Scientific britain. :grin:

John knows his stuff, I have never met the man but my oh my he knows his eyepieces. He has made me look at them in a different light and now I am a Tele-vue adict, thats if I wasn't before and just didn't see it.

Hats off to you John.

Alan.

Archived