Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looks dodgy - Astro-Physics AP130EDFGT on ebay

melsky

Don't send anything to that email and don't believe anything it says. That email address looks like a scam address. Ebay email address is always XXXX@XXXX.ebay.co.uk

Did you pay using Paypal or bank transfer. If you paid using paypal, then you can open a case with paypal to use Buyer's protection. If you paid using bank transfer then you have a problem.

1. You should contact the seller whose account have been hacked. Contact them using ebay messaging, not email.

2. Contact ebay and make them aware of the problem. Again use Ebay's resolution centre on ebay's website and not from some email you received.

3. Call the police

If you did not pay using Paypal, I have doubts whether you can recover your money.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call the police?......... 5 years ago I was scammed on eBay, as were 10 of us at the same time. The seller was 'selling' electronic goods, took the money and that was that. As soon as I realized it was a scam I contacted all of the other people, got loads of information about the buyers and as much as I could about the seller and reported it to the police. They weren't interested, despite the seller scamming upwards of £1500 in that one night. To add insult to injury, paypal would only refund up to a maximum of £100.

What a joke the police and paypal both were. I hate to say it, but from my experience I'd say your money is lost - sorry.

Yes, always use Paypal which is linked to your Credit Card and not your Current Bank Account as if Paypal does not cover the transaction then the Credit Card company has too.

The police in this country seem more willing to go after and prosocute abusive Twitter posters than going after Ebay scammers etc, must be easier to deal with Twitter than Ebay for the Plod.

Electronic Crimes are difficult for the police to deal with as they just do not have the technical knowledge to understand the crime just the same with the Judges. I was in a Jury a few years back in a case of a pedo and then main evidence the police could produce to try and convict the chap was that he could "delete his temporary files in Internet Explorer" using special software and by being able to do this showed that he was guilty. What a load of old tosh but the other dumb members of jury believed the police and wanted to declare him guilty. During deliberations I asked the fellow jurers how many of them used the internet and they all did and then I stated that they all to are guilty pedo's as anyone of them could delete their temporary internet files. Anyway the pedo got sent down as the police came up with better additional evidence presented a few days later, the guy's multiple credit cards with multiple transaction spread over them to the PEDO website. Easy to convict then than relying on some Plod stating that if you can delete your temporary files then you must be guilty.

The special software the Police stated that was used specifically for internet file deletion was Norton Internet Security. Well that means at least 50% of the UK is guilty according to Plod!!!

Archived