Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where to buy a Orion Skyquest XT10 in the uk?

I'm going to be buying a new telescope in the next few months and really I have a lot of decision time to make my mind up on the scope I am going to get. I want another dobsonian but a little larger, upgrading my 6" scope to a 10" dobsonian. I currently have a skywatcher skyliner 150p dobsonian and really the only scope being 10" and a dobsonian deliverable in the UK is the 10" version of my scope. I'm after something a little different and have been looking around and have found a scope which i just love the look of, The Orion skyquest xt10. but the disappointing thing is I have looked on many different websites and cannot find anywhere that delivers the xt10 to the uk. I did find a website which delivered it but again disapointment as the shipping was $500 to deliver to the uk. So I came to ask does anyone know of any websites where I can buy an orion skyquest xt10 from? I just love the look of the scope especially because of the colour and the shape of the scope and mount. But if not I still love the skywatcher 250px I will get and ill be sure to get the best use out of it.

Thanks, tyler b.

It may be that the dealers who handle Orion (USA) stuff feel that there is not a market for the Skyquest Classic dobs in the UK as they tend to cost more than the Skywatcher equivilents, which have the same optics.

That may be why when i could find the scope it was around £300 to deliver. I think i will go with the larger version of my scope skywatcher 250px, as a 10" is on my limit of being able to move it up and down stairs easily.

Thankyou for you help, much appreciated :).

Tyler

As a Classic XT8 owner, feel that the spring tension altitude system of the Orion is of less use than SkyWatcher friction system. Have two pots of spare nuts and bolts gaffa taped to the tube for balance purposes. :evil: Considering an Orion (UK) base with brake.

Archived