Beginners Lists

There are various list out there like the Lunar 100, Messier etc etc.

Here's one for beginners though. Yesterday I picked up an I-Spy book of the Night Sky. I've already scored 150 for an hours observing. At 1000 points I get a certificate, if I get my dad to send off for it. I am 42 years old.post-22459-134247954561_thumb.jpg

nice book, but why would you need your dad to send off for you being 42! :shocked:

Because they are the rules, your dad, or parent, has to do it on your behalf. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Also Hanuman might claim to have done it but skipped a few, his dad has to check just in case. :eek: :eek: :eek: Then tell him off if not all done properly. :rolleyes:

Love it, going to send for one for my Son, he has only a passing interest in the subject, but he is going to like it because I said he will, he is 33, just married with a lovely wife, and I am well over the hill :D

John.

Because they are the rules, your dad, or parent, has to do it on your behalf. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Also Hanuman might claim to have done it but skipped a few, his dad has to check just in case. :eek: :eek: :eek: Then tell him off if not all done properly. :rolleyes:

loooooool :)

As I'd expected, it's mainly a naked-eye list (with half a dozen that will be binocular objects from urban skies), with constellations and stars to spot in each season, along with the planets, events like eclipses (50 points for a total solar eclipse seems a bit stingy actually!), meteors, aurorae, and some for astro equipment.

There's still a fair few constellations I don't know, so should be nice to get me looking at them.

Archived