NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

new scope... new mount and observatory

willcastle

Rather exited that in a few weeks I will be getting the neq6 pro with the skywatcher 190MN ds pro. And I have drawn up my final draft idea for an observatory. Exciting stuff. Maybe the building will be underway over summer... Depending on funds!

Will

Will,

I hope you are going to document the build for us?

I'm sure many of us on the forum would be interested in following your progress.

Building an observatory is a project I would like to undertake in retirement (in the next few years). Not under the light polluted skies of Bristol though!

Regards,

Thanks guys... Yer I will update this as soon as possible. The plan is a metal shed with a chair and shelf etc for laptop/battery. With a semi enclosed platform infront... Most likely with a pier mount... It took quite alot of thought to have the scope enclosed from the wind but without compromising the view! Think I have it sussed though.

Yer it would make an awesome retirement project Pete! it well be amazing when you can have all that time to get in some serious astronomy.

And haha! I was just looking out the window thinking the same thing Andy! By the way... How is the 314l+? It's the exact camera I want! Will probs have to wait another year till I can afford it tho now! And coincidentally I was also strongly considering a quattro! So you have excellent equipment tastes ;)

Will

And haha! I was just looking out the window thinking the same thing Andy! By the way... How is the 314l+? It's the exact camera I want! Will probs have to wait another year till I can afford it tho now! And coincidentally I was also strongly considering a quattro! So you have excellent equipment tastes ;)

Will

I haven't had chance to use it yet, and tbh, first light could be a long time away given the weather! :(. I'd been after a 314 for a very long time, but FLO's recent discount was enough to tip me over the edge! :)

Discounted?! It's still expensive tho! Haha how much was it before? But yer the camera looks amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your results! Damn the weather....

Will

Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting some results myself. It's gonna be a while though ....:D

Thanks guys (and girl haha). Yer iv done hours of research and the MN seems the perfect scope! I can't wait to order it. Need to wait till I get paid in 3 weeks... But it looks perfect for what I want with really high contrast and sharp stars across the field. I'm especially excited about getting an neq6 too! How crazy is it that now I have a modest eq5 but soon I will have a full go to, heavy duty monster mount! :-) it has been my dream mount since ever and now I can finally get one.

But yer I will give the scope thorough testing and will do a really detailed review when it arrives and when I have done some imaging. If only I could afford the 314L+ right now to go with it. I can't believe the quality of the pictures from that camera.

And Gina - I wouldn't mind having an 80ED! ;) I think the quattro 10cf, celestron c9.

5, evostar 80ED and 190MN were the four major Scopes I was deciding between. All look excellent but iv made my choice.

Will

Archived