NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Took solar scope and new mount out for first clear view of the sun for weeks...

jonathan

You will need a couple of standard camera screws 1/4" whitworth (unc) and drill a couple of holes through the dovetail

I'm assuming it is a PST scope, ideally you should get an L shaped bracket so the orientation of the PST is improved on an Eq mount it isn't needed for an az mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

Kev,

His sig shows a Lunt60...

I thought they came with a clamshell/ dovetail??

Mine did not come with a dovetail or fixing screws, although I thought (expected) they would be in the case somewhere.

You will need a couple of standard camera screws 1/4" whitworth (unc) and drill a couple of holes through the dovetail

I'm assuming it is a PST scope, ideally you should get an L shaped bracket so the orientation of the PST is improved on an Eq mount it isn't needed for an az mount

Thank you, I was wondering what the screws were called. It is a Lunt LS60. Not sure what you mean by an L bracket, what is wrong with mounting it straight along a dovetail on an EQ?

... discovered I don't have screws to fix solar scope to vixen dovetail (not supplied with scope or dovetail).

Ah well... you can bet your bottom dollar that it would have started hosing it down 5 minutes after you'd set up anyway!

Hi Jonathan

Ignore the comment about thread size it is only relevant to the PST scope. You will need to find the thread size of the clamshell fixtures to mount the Lunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

You can mount the Lunt in it's clamshell direct onto an "L" shaped camera bracket like the one that comes with the SW AZ4 mount. It's a little heavy and a pain to balance but it holds rock solid.

When I put it on the EQ6 I use a pair of ST80 tube rings and SW dovetail. The rings fit perfectly even if they do look a bit naff. :)

Archived