Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M27 Test Image

BlueAstra

I managed to get the AG10 out one night last week for an engineering and communication check. I must admit my first view of my distant daylight focussing target (pylon) was absolutely stunning in detail. In the evening after more checks I did a test imaging run on M27. The only problem is its not focussed properly. Anyway, here it is. AG10+SX(OAG+FW+H16+Lodestar)+EQ6, Controlled with EQMOD+MaximDL, processed inDSS and PS. 10x200s L + 10x50s RGB (binned2x2). Unfortunately no flats or darks yet. Thanks for looking.

M27LRGB50sps1.jpg

Stonking loads of signal. You do need flats - but I'm sure you don't need anyone to say so!

Working on this one I found that a stretch for the nebula and a quite different stretch for the starfield was very helpful.

Why do you have 6-vaned diff spikes?

Anyway this scope is going to sing for you.

Olly

I'm sure some people forget to remove the Bahtinov mask, but not us seasoned imagers :grin: . (I'm sure I did, but I can't think of any other reason for the spikes). Focussing is obviously a lot more critical. My usual visual guess with the B.Mask needs a bit more refining.

Archived