Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pics of my bespoke "Micro" Dovetail Bar

Belcher

After being unable to find anybody that made, let alone sold, a "micro" dovetail bar, I decided to have one made. I could find a handful of people that supply a mini dovetail bar, but they are to big for my planned use, which was to mount my red dot finder. My standard finderscope is now a guide scope fitted with a QHY5 guide camera.

Here are some pictures. I plan to spray it matt black to match the OTA. Also, my mounting screws need to be a tad shorted otherwise they will foul the OTA when fully tightened. Cost was £45 plus £5 postage (so 50 quid).

2012-07-02174848.jpg2012-07-02174813.jpg2012-07-02174756.jpg

Nice looking dovetail bar.

Check out dovetails for mounting rifle scopes, they come in many legnths and styles. You might be able to find what you need for a future application.

EDIT: "Weaver" is one of the manufacturers that come to mind.

BTW, if you want a red dot finder then look for "red dot sight" on the web, same thing but much cheaper...

GSO red dot finder £40

http://www.scopesnskies.com/prod/GSO/MRF/quick-release/MRFfinder.html

Airsoft red dot sight £16

http://airsoft-club.com/shop/aiming-sight/red-green-dot-sight/holographic-multi-4-reticle-red-dot-sight-reflex

Same thing but the GSO does have a mounting bracket - not £24 worth though

Nice looking dovetail bar.

Check out dovetails for mounting rifle scopes, they come in many legnths and styles. You might be able to find what you need for a future application.

EDIT: "Weaver" is one of the manufacturers that come to mind.

I think the chap got a bargain. The Picatinny rail for my Remington 700 rifle cost about 70 quid and it's not near the length of the one he had made.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Archived