NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Coathanger.

Steve Ward

Having been delayed by the tennis..........shhh !......I was a bit late out tonite ,

Just got set-up completed and sensed the bank of grey approaching steadily........ :mad:

Just had time for a few frames at this before the heavens opened yet again ,

Coathangerjpg1.jpg

1000D +SW 80ED Pro , 12 x 45s + 5 darks @ ISO 400 ,

Best alignment I've had for ages , lovely round stars , typical ......!

Adjusted the meshing on the mount last week , people kept telling me that the little bit of play makes no difference ,

IT DOES !

Breeziest night i've tried so far and no twitching in the wind at all as pic shows ,

Just wish it had stayed clear as i wanted to see how far i can push exposures , next time i guess ,

They say using the mount slightly out of balance helps that - the gear train is always pushing one way.

As for the weather - the air turns blue when I think about it!!! I just go on doing improvements here and there, never being able to test them it seems. I dunno!! I wonder if it's all a waste of time and money if the weather carries on like this! :( I've quite enjoyed writing up all my stuff on here and I like tinkering with things but my patience isn't endless! I think I've just about done all the reprocessing of the data I have until I 'm seeing levels and curves in my sleep :D You can only do so much with limited data. Frustration is a major understatement! :( I know most of us are in the same boat so I won't go on too much...

At least you have some data to play with....... :p

I've been getting plenty of the Sun of late , but that's about all ,

I guess that having waited until I was 50 to get started I haven't begun to get disheartened yet ....no point getting angry with things I can't control..... :rolleyes:

Soon be Autumn, Chin Up................ :grin:

Yeah... I never though I'd look forward to autumn and the longer nights! I'm now basing my hopes on the weather changing mid July as it quite frequently does :D

On your mount with an ED80 you should have no problem getting at least 90sec subs. I have an EQ-G Sirius and when I get my polar alignment just right on one of those lucky nights I can even get 2min subs. At the zenith. I've gotten 4min subs before but that was almost at polaris.

Archived