scope protection ?

Hi all,

does anyone cover their scope in anything to protect the tube from scratches etc..., Its just that I got my new 250pds and have only put it on the mount a couple of times to check colliamtion and wonder at its awsomeness, never used it due to clouds, but already am noticing little tiny marks, Their was a scratch on it when delivered but Ive spoken to FLO about this and it has been sorted (well they said I could have it replaced but I said it was ok. I'll cover the scratch with some black nail varnish)

So is their anything on the market to stop scratches etc on tubes? like cling film type stuff?

Kev.

I know that Orion USA have some bags they make for their Dobs. Maybe one of those will fit? Depending on the dimensions, you might be able to find a drum case that will fit. e.g. a case for bongo drums. I use a regular drum case for my UTA, but that's easier to source since Dobsonian UTAs really are about the same proportions as regular drums. Otherwise, you could just consider the scratches to be badges of honour acquired by a well used scope :)

I just stand mine in the corner of a room. In reality if you use your gear, it will get the off mark from normal use, it's unavoidable. Whilst I look after my kit, I don't really worry about wear and tear within reason unless it starts to affect the use of the instrument. If you can use a sewing machine you could make a cover from garden weed matting for almost nothing.

Archived