NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Celestron 70mm Refractor With DSLR and barlow

So I have this small 70mm refractor scope that has a 400mm focal length. I have used It with my DSLR (Cannon 1000D) and T-ring to take some basic shots of the sun and moon. I am quite happy with the results but I would just like the objects to be little larger.

I have a teleview 2x barlow and have been trying to use it with my scope and camrea, to double the image size, but cant get the thing to focus. I'm not even sure if I have been doing it right. I Insert the barlow in to the scope barrel and then the T- adapter into the barlow and nothing but blur.

when I insert the diagonal into the scope barrel and then the barlow and camrea into in that, I then can achieve focus for objects about 7meters and closer, but for anything farther It seems I need more inward travel on my focus barrel.

Any ideas on what I can do to help me achieve focus? sorry if my wording is a little confusing, I can try to clarify anything If need be.

Thank you.

Thanks for your replies,

I have removed the diagonal and tried, but this way by get no focus at all(without barlow works perfectly). Unfortunately there is no longer optical zoom on my camrea (cannon 1000D) since I am using it conjunction with a T-Ring and adapter at prime focus(unless I'm missing something). There is a zoom function but this only increases the size of the image on the camera screen and not the image itself.

I will just keep fiddling with it and see. If I can't get it, I will just work with what I have for the time being.

Archived