Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finally a cloudles night!

JonnyK

So the clouds parted last night for what must be the best part of 6 weeks, I have been getting more and more frustrated at the lack of telescope action so I set the Mak up at about 10pm last night and yep it's still bright and even a blue sky. I gets to about 10:45 and I can just about pick out 3 stars to do an align on. So i punch in Saturn, nope it's too low and a house is in the way!gutted as I've just fixed the laptop and wanted some video :-( . It would appear that untill Jupiter comes round my planetary viewing from the garden is a no go!

Keeping my fingers crossed for a clear night tomorrow, as it is the next BSIA meeting and also its second birthday. Would be nice to be out under the stars rather than in the pub.

Clear skies,

Matthew

Hope for the best. Let’s see what is the outcome.

I had a couple of clear nights a few days ago and although they were not perfectly clear or that dark either, but it was such a pleasure to dust of the scope and get it outside for the the first time it what seems likes months (it probably was). :grin:

I noticed it was clear last night here, but it came too late on a work night for me, I miss out on some sleep with the early morning light as it is.

Hoping to get a chance to try out the Lunt LS60 on the CG-4 soon!

Archived