Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M31 and its neighbour

centroid

Went out last night to have a go at NGC7000, which I've not yet processed. Althought it was 01.00 hrs by the time I'd finished NGC700, as the sky was clear, I couldn't resist 'grabbing' some frames of M31.

Had to 'push' the FOV a bit, to try and get it all in, which introduced some coma at the edges, but it also included the neighbouring galaxy, so 'swings and roundabouts' really.

SXVF-H9C, ED80 + 3.3 FR (with spacer). 10x60secs + 10x90secs + 10x120secs, combined in AA4.

Dave

post-13389-133877330739_thumb.jpg

Your 'mist' did arrive up here Steve :D, but not until around 00.30 hrs, and when I'd finished, the dew-shield on the LX, was 'dripping wet'.

However, the dew shields an heaters, did their job admirably.

Phil, the image doesn't look so good on here, as I noticed that the compression down to less than 100kb, has introduced some jpeg artifacts.

Dave

Phil, the image doesn't look so good on here, as I noticed that the compression down to less than 100kb, has introduced some jpeg artifacts

Think we all accept that though Dave and it doesn't detract from the fact that you got a good capture :thumbright:

Archived