NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera to EQ Mount

Is there a cheap way to fit something with a camera type fitting to an EQ vixen style mount? I have a threaded adapter on one of my scope rings and I also have a spare short dovetail but I want something that will attach to the camera like a camera tripod does, with a little pin and a screw through thingy.

I could make something but would rather have a neater solution.

Yes there is. Buy a 1/4" 20 UNC or 1/4" Whitworth bolt, drill a suitable hole through your short dovetail then attach a Manfrotto 323 Quick Release baseto the bar and the plate to the camera - et voila!

You could go really cheap and just buy the bolt and bolt the camera direct to the dovetail but the quick release makes for a very neat solution.

I just took the screw out of the scope ring and put it through a short dovetail from underneath, mounting the camera to that. I have a lens mount now though, so I'll probably use that in future.

James

Archived