Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help! My Nagler 31mm rattles!

Hi all,

I have just bought back the giant eyepiece which is the 31t5...but it rattles :(

The rattle sounds like its coming from the chrome part of the eyepiece and is a lens just slightly loose. Has anyone had this problem before or could lend advice?

Thanks so much,

It should not rattle of course. Unscrew the chrome 2" barrel and you will get access to the retaining rings that hold the lower lens set in place - that might need to be tightened. The lenses will not fall out as they are held in place but have the eyepiece eye lens downwards just in case. The lower half of the black body also unscrews to give access to the larger lenses in the centre of the eyepiece in case they are loose.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice John. Do you know how the retaining rings can be tightened? There are two small opposite grooves and I presume it is possible to tighten things with these. I don't want to get much dust in there!

Thanks for the advice John. Do you know how the retaining rings can be tightened? There are two small opposite grooves and I presume it is possible to tighten things with these. I don't want to get much dust in there!

I've just had a look inside my N31. The lower lens set is held in place by 2 retaining rings. On mine, the top one (the accessible one) appears to be cemented in place. Ideally you would want a sort of caliper to fit the two notches to tighten / loosen the ring. It's possible that yours has come loose. Keep a bulb type blower handy to keep dust off the lenses.

Damm, Hope its only the loose bottom thingie .

If not ,as you have aleady done got in touch with the people that sold it to you ?

Once you tune one she is yours , but no a rattle ? ...hey dont touch , .

Bad news , sorry to hear , mate TV gear does not get shipped like that , this is the 2nd QA promlem in 1 year , sabbatarge ? me thinks .

Just let TV know there is a proplem , it will get sorted . After sales service .

TV owner .

Brian..

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the advice all, I took the perfect tool to the second retaining ring and all it needed was a little nudge. Kept the dust off, screwed back up and now this eyepiece will stay with me forever :)

Archived