Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

locking/adjustment screws on 250px primary

they look as though they will work well with 'no tools' so I'd leave them in place - pointless spending on new ones that will do the same thing!

the ones for the secondary can be replaced with (probably) M4 thumbscrews, just check the length.

Those screws look exactly like the standard ones fitted to the 250px.

The larger ones are indeed the collimation adjusters, the smaller slotted ones the lock screws.

As Moonshane says, you don't really need to use the locking screws but if you do use them be very light on your touch.

I have a 10" mirror in the same sort of cell (slightly different but the same really) awaiting a portable dob makeover and I just took them out. store them as they may be useful for something else in the future (or for putting back if you ever sell the scope).

When you have collimated, the locking screws need to be just biting the back of the Mirror Cell, that's like you feel the thread tighten as it touches, then give it 1/8 of a turn then check you haven't moved the mirror......or as said take them out....

Archived