NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

vail ngc6992

Hungovergraham

I found the broom hard to get only managed 20 subs of it so far still needs loads more data to draw it out not one for short subs this one a good 5 minutes one each sub but haven't got my guiding set up sorted after burning out my last control pad so will have to wait a bit on this. Looking forward to seeing your results.

Looks like you've got some decent data there Graham, good focus and tracking with some nice detail starting to come through. What are the exposure details?

However, and I hope you don't mind me being honest Graham and Mark :embarassed: , but the colour balance looks wrong and there are some strange blotches of colour surrounding the nebula. Also, there's a gradient causing the background histogram to be clipped on the right-hand side, so I think there's more to be had out of this image yet.

Looks like it should be clear again tonight and I've been looking at what's where. I had a quick go at the Veil Nebula last night and I think I'll have another go tonight. I picked it up but had guiding problems - ended up stacking just 2 subs. This is the result. 2 subs of 300s at ISO 3200 with 21 darks complete with star trails!

post-13131-0-97676300-1340125405_thumb.p

Archived