Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First man on the moon

todd8137

Its far more likely to be a small minority, to be honest.

A person's belief is probably the least important, and has no bearing at all on what actually happened or is the truth. I could believe that the world is actually flat. If I continued to believe that in spite of huge amounts of evidence to the contrary being available, then I am either wilfully ignorant or perhaps, have some sort of learning difficulty. There seems to be a real rise of "I believe in XYZ" and an expectation that the world will accommodate that belief.

Just because someone says something, doesn't make it so (thankfully).

I think a persons belief is important to them, the Worlds History is full of people giving their lives for it.. The problem arrises when those in step try to convince those out of step, that their way is right, if only there could be respect and acceptance on both sides for what they believe, be it right or wrong, things could be very different :)

John.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the unused landers is in a museum in Washington. If you've ever seen it you may well question whether the missions took place. Flimsy doesn't cover it at all.

And no, I don't adher to the hoax theory!

It's amazing how a simple question about the location of a camera can drive such a diverse debate, ending in diametrically opposed ideologies and armies making money. Blimey, how did it get to this? Anyway, for those continuing with thoughts of conspiracies and the moon landings being faked, I have this to say (not intentionally nasty guys.....really.....). They went, they landed, they phtographed it, the amount of moonrock brought back is accurately catalogued and recorded, mission by mission. Yes, it really did happen. Deal with it!

I think a persons belief is important to them

Of course. Still doesn't make it correct though.

The problem arrises when those in step try to convince those out of step, that their way is right, if only there could be respect and acceptance on both sides for what they believe, be it right or wrong, things could be very different :)

Sure. :rolleyes: That's why rubbish like Creationism is being taught in schools.

I think that Dara O'Brien should be given the last word on this:

http://youtu.be/uDYba0m6ztE?t=1m

(Video contains strong language. If you don't like an Irishman in full flow then please don't click on the link or complain about swearing!)

Archived