Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

sw dob, defect on secondary

cant believe i have not noticed this before, but there seems to be a little defect in my secondary, i have had some great views with this dob so do you think it could be even better without this fault? also, would it still be in warranty even though i flocked the outside of it with a black sharpay pen?

post-20026-133877783711_thumb.jpg

Ignorance is bliss !

Now you know its there it'll always be in the back of your mind, eating away at you when you think you can just make out that faint fuzzy ! :grin:

Seriously though, as others have said, it's highly unlikely to affect your view.

An old friend of mine had a slight scratch on his secondary, you had to look for it but it was there and near the centre. The views looked fine to me but he was sure it was causing issues so he bought a new secondary from OVL I think it was, waited months for it to arrive and was all excited to fit it. We were at his house on an evening as he decided to compare the views before and after so changed it by torchlight. When collimated with the new mirror it was exactly the same neither of us could see even a minute difference. Old mirror sold on ebay and the guy was so pleased he sent a nice email to say so lol. Sorry for rambling but the point is if your view is ok then it is ok so don't worry :)

Archived