Celestron Corrector/Reducer f/6.3 Model #94175

Hey all, I just bought a Celestron Corrector/Reducer f/6.3 Model #94175. I want to be able to get more of the Sun in my FOV for the Venus transit. After adding it to the optics as per instructions, I don't seem to be able to get clear focus with my camera. First I should say that I'm using the Celestron Corrector/Reducer f/6.3 Model #94175, a 2" Diagonal, a 2" to 1 1/4" reducer and my camera with an 1 1/4" t-ring. I have gotten clear pictures of the Sun in the past, but it seems with the Corrector in the stack I just can't get focus. And I making a dumb newbie error (something I should see easily) or is it something else I'm missing. Thanks for any knowledge passed my way. I'm near Chicago and it looks like there will be clear skies on the 5th and I want some good pictures.

Thanks again...

I believe you need to set up with a specific distance between the reducer and the chip in the camera. I think for the 6.3 it is 110mm but that distance is from memory so I would do a bit of searching to check.

Take out the diagonal. Add in a spacer as necessary.

Or get a low profile diagonal.

I had tried to remove the diagonal and it was impossible for me to use the camera, as I have some mobility problems and can't get down to look into the camera or at the LCD screen. I guess maybe I could put the camera upside down and use a mirror to look at the screen. A new diag is not in the immediate future. Thanks for your input.

Perhaps it would also be useful to list what you have in the train at the moment.

James

I screwed the corrector onto the scope, then the 2" connector piece that is normally on the back of the scope. ( the one that the 2" Diag goes into) Then my 2" Orion Diagonal. Then a 2" to 1 1/4" reducer. Then my camera with the T-ring barlow. I think that's what it is called. It consists of the ring that snaps into the camera, then the barlow which threads into the ring. That then slides into the 2" to 1 1/4" reducer. Thanks for your input.

Archived