oh yes.......1 word wow

Well as you can guess i got my telescope yesterday took all day to come.. lol

Well the clouds in the box escaped i did have a about an hour of clear sky last night so i took the chance to view the moon and saturn. It's absolutely phenomenal how you can just point and view soon have you have sorted your Finderscope. lol i was blown away how clear and crisp the images was.

I started with the moon sorted my finderscope then since i still had some gaps in the clouds i wanted to see saturn and im going to say wow i just made it out on my low eyepiece i left my other one indoors but yes im a happy person :hello2::)

i do need to ask would it be possible to attach a cam to my scope for imaging?

Most likely but you neglected to to tell us what scope it is :hello2:

If its on a EQ mount and driven - quite easy

If its EQ and not driven - not so essy

If its Alt/Az harder

If its a dob Even harder

Assume you mean webcam

Congratulations on seeing Saturn. I only got my new (1st) scope about a month or so ago and Saturn just blew me away.... as have craters on the moon. I also keep going back to the Beehive cluster (M44) and a few globular clusters (M3/M5) My first galaxy still eludes me through the eye peice but I took a long exposure shot through the camera and a few showed up, that I couldn't see with my eye.

What scope are you using ?

I know what you mean. I've had mine for about 3 months and just managed to get it set up outside the other night and after readjusting the finderscope (which I thought I had spot on:rolleyes:) I eventually found the moon and even a lowest mag was really an amazing sight. I just managed a glimpse at higher mag before the bugs started biting and I had to give up:eek:, but that first sight was stunning. I suppose it's something you never forget, and something you can't describe without seeing it yourself.

very pleased for you - although the clouds must be your fault haha

I might be partly responsible for the clouds, I've just bought a BST explorer 8mm EP, not used it yet of course - due to the clouds! :hello2:

Oh sorry im using a Skywatcher Heritage 130P :p

so as i can gather it would be hard to attach a cam to it to take images.

hopefully tonight will be a bit more clear. :hello2:

You should be able to do webcamming on planets and the moon by simply letting the object "float" past your field of view. there's a thread on here somewhere about modifying an xbox cam (very cheap" and capture with a program like sharpcap (free)and stack with something like registacks V.5 (free). It's not gunna be magazine quality but i bet you'll be happy with the results.

Scott.:)

Makes you feel like a kid in a candy store dont it :hello2: Saturn is one amazing planet and one target I have been looking at first before anything else since its been up, love it!!

yes yes it does lol

I know what you mean. I've had mine for about 3 months and just managed to get it set up outside the other night and after readjusting the finderscope (which I thought I had spot on:rolleyes:) I eventually found the moon and even a lowest mag was really an amazing sight. I just managed a glimpse at higher mag before the bugs started biting and I had to give up:eek:, but that first sight was stunning. I suppose it's something you never forget, and something you can't describe without seeing it yourself.

very true

You should be able to do webcamming on planets and the moon by simply letting the object "float" past your field of view. there's a thread on here somewhere about modifying an xbox cam (very cheap" and capture with a program like sharpcap (free)and stack with something like registacks V.5 (free). It's not gunna be magazine quality but i bet you'll be happy with the results.

Scott.:)

unfortunately i got rid of my xbox last year, but what i am planning on doing is looking around for some decent cams and see what's what :p

I might be partly responsible for the clouds, I've just bought a BST explorer 8mm EP, not used it yet of course - due to the clouds! :hello2:

lol if there was a way of boxing them back up

Archived