Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

the moon 29-05-12

astropete

hi episkey, thanks for your comments, as yet i have no idea how to desaturate, could you please leave a link to a programme that will allow me to do that. to date i have to make the picture black and white to remove the blue halo,so any programme that keeps the moons colour but without the blue halo would be great.

thank you

peter.

Thats a really nice image well done , you might be able to open it in registax and run the rgb align function which should remove the blue edge or just lower the saturation in an art package ( black and white looks fine on the moon and some people prefer it ) . Just to add i have had a quick try with your image in registax running rgb align then into photoshop and altered color balance a bit and reduced saturation , thought i'd also run it through unsharp mask just a tad . I'm not the best at processing but it may give you an idea what you can do with it :(

post-18835-133877782127_thumb.jpg

hi episkey, thanks for your comments, as yet i have no idea how to desaturate, could you please leave a link to a programme that will allow me to do that. to date i have to make the picture black and white to remove the blue halo,so any programme that keeps the moons colour but without the blue halo would be great.

thank you

peter.

You can download the free program GIMP, and look up tutorials.

Wonderful afocal ... was it handheld too?

if you have windows consider using a image viewer called irfan view that has some nice and quick color adjustment tools. On Mac you may use Preview and on Linux there is always GIMP :hello2:

I would actually have advised to shot in B/W or to apply a sepia effect directly from the phone as you don't like B/W (even though B/W often looks sharper).

Clear Skies

hi all and thank you for your advice, hi nightfisher usually i do edit the pictures to b/w but on this one i have left the image natural (un-edited) apart from orientation.

hi TziuRiky i use a digi mount for the camera, its a hassle but worth it.

hi cspindley, sorry for the delay in replying. the picture you have posted looks great, i will have to practice using photo shop express, at the moment the edit programme i use is not half as good as the one you are using.

thank you

peter.

Archived