Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first view of the moon through my Celestron 15x70 binoculars!

Now I know this won't seem like much to many of you but I really am a COMPLETE beginner. Just been out and spent a happy 20 minutes viewing the moon through binoculars. It really was fantastic! It was amazing to see it in a level of detail I'd not experienced before. I then just spent a bit more time hopping around (think I saw Mars) before I went back to the moon again.

And that's it so far! Just a great feeling seeing something that I've pretty much taken for granted for years on end. Beautiful.

Welcome to the club of moon watching, I still experiance the same moment of awe that i had all those many years ago when i first looked at the moon through a small scope.

I use a bigger scope now but still feel the same whenever I look at it, and as you said Beautiful.

Sounds like a great evening. Certainly a great pleasure to observe and study the moon. The moon at the moment shows a face of plaintive sweetness...A fire of pale desire in incompleteness.

I agree all. The moon is stunning to look at and I spend the most time at night on it and Saturn. I'm fairly new to astronomy too but I'm happy to say the money spent on the 'scope and some eye pieces is the best money I think I've ever spent. I've never really had a hobby before but age the age of 50 I'm hooked. Just glad we're finally getting some decent weather at last!

I had a lovely nights viewing myself last night and got to properly test my new gold coated optics 15x70's.

I must say I am dissappointed. :-/ but only for stars. The moon looked better than I have ever seen her!

The gold coating seems to block out a massive amount of visible light. Perfect for viewing the super bright moon but had trouble finding my way around the rest of the sky and milkyway because of a severe lack of stars!

Did I buy me some duds? I understand I am zoomed in a lot more now and this dims some of the light.

Archived