Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 last night

Gina

M51 captured last night. 60s subs at ISO 1600 - 41 lights 47 darks 26C. ED80 + FF/FR. 1100D with full spectrum mod but no cooling. Stacked in DSS, processed in PS. Think it could do with longer subs and more of them but length limited by noise with such a warm sensor.

M51_2012-05-26_PS.jpg

Taken some flats and restacked/reprocessed with the flats added in. 40 lights selected from 51 in DSS. Plus darks and flats.

M51_2012-05-26_PS_2.jpg

Lovely one Gina. In my M51 attempts, I can't manage to get the debris from the two galaxies colliding no matter how hard I try.
Thank you :( You need a lot of quite long subs to get the debris. My image is suffering from noise due to a hot image sensor. 27C. Must get my cooling going again.

Very nice Gina you have picked up some really lovely detail in there.
Thank you Mark :( Still needs more data though, and in this hot weather, it needs cooling. I hope to have that next clear night. That isn't tonight - it's cloudy and threatening thunder storms.

Quick hijack.

I have a modded 1000d and obviously any images have more red in them than standard, but how do you compensate for this when editing the photo in PS etc to get a normal looking photo?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I had a crack at M51 last night and compared my subs to 6 weeks ago.

The lack of real darkness and a 25degree sensor was a real issue. I reckon when you come back to this next season or with a cooled sensor you'll nail that debris.

Well you've done a great job considering the conditions, I've binned my subs from M51 from last night.

I'm getting the itch to get a cooled CCD, DSLR imaging was so much easier when it was cold outside : )

Archived