Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bst 8mm explorer help!

Hi i finally got around to using my new Bst explorer in my 130 heritage. Its my first upgrade on the stock eps and it really is a nice substantial ep, Im having an issue with it though. My eye was seemingly unwilling to look through it! It kept making me blink and the majority of the time all i could see was my eyelashes, has this phenomina occurred with anyone else? I also found it much harder to focus too i almost had to fully unscrew my focuser. When my eye calmed down i got a nice view of the moon and i found m3 for the first time! However it just wasn't a pleasant experience. I have no trouble with my standard 25mm. I can only assume that its something to do with the much bigger opening in the Bst. :(

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

Unscrew the eye cup!!! Thankyou I love this forum! I had no idea it unscrewed, just picked it up now, gave it a twist and voila instant eye relief! Just wish i hadn't packed my scope away in frustration now. Thanks again guys I feel such a noob but glad I asked the question.

Hi, yes, unscrewing the eyecup is usual when using the BST's, some people leave them unscrewed all the time, especially the shorter focal lengths. I have also noticed that you need more focuser travel with them, but it is not unmanageable, I have enough focuser travel with both my scopes.

The BST's are excellent eyepieces, as others have said screw up the eyecup and they are great and comfortable to use. For the price I dont think they can be beaten. I also have to rack the focuser out quite a bit more with the BST's than with other e.p's. Good luck and clear skies.

What a difference a day makes! After unscrewing the eye cup its a joy to use like night and day compared to my stock 10mm. The detail I was getting tonight on the moon was mindblowing, for me it was like looking at it with fresh eyes, I know people rate these but it really has exceeded my expectations. Will get a low power one asap!

Archived