Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My First M13

David JM

Looking at it with my completely untrained eye :( i'd say you need more time.

If you can only get 30 second subs - you're going to need allot ! But then you'll have allot of noise to deal with.

This is a single (terrible) sub from my garden, but it's 3 minutes - no editing (except a crop). It's come out very noisy (don't know why) & my focus is slighly out.

2012051622h54m12s125180s_800iso_17c000699-1.jpg

This is a great result from a 4SE - lots of focal length on a middling mount. I am going to try M13 tomorrow night - now Iḿ not sure whether to try my Mak or my ST80....

DSS is funny about some CR2 formats. In my experience it renders a section of the image if it has to deal with recent CR2 files (such as those produced by the 1100D). Converting the files to TIFF in DPP resolves the issue.

You need the latest Beta (forget the number ATM) - the standard version won't work properly with CR2 files from the 1100D. I expect the same applies to all the Digic 4 models.

Archived