Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

iPad apps for stacking?

Mr Moff

I was just wondering if there's any apps for the iPad so I can start processing images?

I'm just starting to get into astrophotography but I don't have a computer that works so an iPad app would be great. I've picked up photoshop from the app store but it's not got much in it.

Hi guys, I have the iPad memory card and USB adaptors,so when I've finished taking pictures I put the SD card into the adaptor,upload them to the iPads photo section and then upload them to photobucket or anywhere else.

I'm hoping to pick up another laptop around Christmas but until then I have to make do with this.

I've been searching a lot and it looks like I'm just going to use just the photoshop app to polish things untill then.

Still at least there's plenty to learn between now and then.:(

I would not use the ipad for processing work it is not up to the job at all you need a pc with 4gb of ram at least to do a good job. ipad would be great for viewing your images but not powerful enough for processing them.

agreed regarding serious processing but i do have a couple of apps i use for quick playing at lunchtime etc using tifs i have prviously loaded up to box / dropbx. the curves levels etc are of course not up to Photoshop standards but still good fun.

Ok, just deleted a very long post (rant) about Ipads :)

Basically they are not (yet) a replacement for a PC or laptop. I am sure they soon will be, but not for a little while. You would be better off resurrecting an old PC for now.

We got a new IPad at school today and I must say the screen phenomenal, really nice quality.

:(

One option, if you have a PC, is use VNC or MS remote desktop to log into the PC. This means the display is sent to your iPad but the processing and storage is on the PC itself. This is possible with the mac by just sharing the desktop in the same way.

The bonus is you don't have to play around with connecting USB to the iPad/Phone.

Thanks for the replies,my old laptop would take a miracle to revive it.

The iPads been good so far.Its 2 years old now and this is the first time I felt the need for a laptop.:(

I'll have to get one at Christmas because I keep collecting eyepieces at the moment,seems to have become something of an addiction.

I did find photoshop for iPad and have been fiddling around with it. It's not too bad really. If you've got an iPad it's worth a look.

hi - i havent tried the photoshop app - but have played just bought the Filterstorm (not the pro version) and it is also quite good for quick playing, hase layers, curves etc and handles my tif files from dropbox which is great.

mark

Archived